CAT ALLERGY MANAGEMENT
Don't needlessly give up your beloved cat because of cat allergies. There are ways of managing cat allergies in the home. Learn more.
- Keep cat of out of allergic person’s bedroom.
- Restrict cat to a few rooms in the home, if possible.
- Use heating and air-conditioning filters and HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Arresting) filters.
- Vacuum carpets frequently. Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter if possible.
- Place litter boxes in an area unconnected to the air supply for the rest of the home.
Always follow your doctor's advice regarding any illness. Some allergic patients may have severe reactions, such as wheezing and shortness of breath.
The above information was adapted from the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology website.
New Hope on the Horizon
Bloomberg News reports that Circassia's Cat-SPIRE vaccine for cat allergies is undergoing final-stage tests in people and the company expects results in 2016. Previous tests on the vaccine have shown it’s more than twice as effective at reducing symptoms in those allergic to cats than existing pills and sprays, according to Circassia's CEO.
Back to Home Page